Welcome to my Blog

I decided to use this method of keeping a journal regarding certain areas of my life. I want to remember where God has brought me from. I would also like to share it with world. Other people's blogs have inspired me to change. I want to be an inspiration to someone.

9.09.2010

Day 1!!!!!

My starting weight is 225lbs. There is nowhere to go but down. I am sooooo excited to share this with you all. Last night I went and bought by first bunch of veggies and fruit to start my “Juice feast”. It’s actually a Juice fast, but since you are not fasting they call it a juice feast. I am going to use my super powerful blender, because I like all of the vegetable and fruit. I may get a juicer for variety.



Ok so I got kale, romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumber, apples, blueberries, strawberries, and lemon juice. I have to be careful with the fruit due to the diabetes. So this morning I made my first “green smoothie”. These consist of green leafy vegetables with a variation of fruit and other things for taste. I am not doing this for taste I am starting a healing process. My smoothie consisted of kale, spinach, cucumber, apples, and lemon juice. I made a full pitcher of it and divided it between eight pint size mason jars. I drink a pint every two hours. This ensures that my blood sugar stays normal (no spikes, no falls). How did it taste? It tasted like GRASS. LOL!!!!! I don’t care I am ready to live. This was so much fun. There is a learning curve which allows for much experimentation. It only needs to be perfect for me. I already have some ideas for tomorrow’s smoothie.


I am so grateful to the Lord for helping me to open my mind up to this way of life. This is a change to my lifestyle. I don’t care for the texture, but like I said there will be a lot of experimentation to tweak it. Today it’s new, it’s nasty, and I am going to drink all of it. I have researched this a lot and there are so many variations. I got to a point actually yesterday where I said enough!!! I have researched this enough I am ready to do it. I halted the excuses and made the sacrifice. Hey I gotta eat anyway!!! Plus I am going to save a lot of money. This year I had been having issues retaining water. I am certain that will be remedied over the next few days.


I am going to have to do video blogs at some point. I have so much to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment